CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 11, 2009

The latest!!!

I have been waiting for the day that i could add this post. I didn't want to add another post until i got a job, and this weeek, i finally did!!! Better yet, i got my old job at Heritage back as a paraprofessional. I loved that job. When i first got it, just before getting married, i had to create that job from scratch. They saw a need to have a teacher teach the most dangerous kids, and i had to organize how to do it. When the job reopened up, i pounced on it like it was a loose soccer ball! Without even an interview, i got a call that i got the job! I'm so excited to return to Heritage! Especially back to my favorite job.

Also i got another job in february. I am a tracker for troubled youth in an aftercare program called Today's Youth. I have three kids that i visit and help through their program. They live with a proctor parents (like a foster parent but more temporary) and i help with the kids' program. It' s a descent job, and during the summer i plan to keep both jobs. That will give me more than 50 hours a week of work. Once school starts in the fall however, i will probably quite the tracker job, but stay at Heritage while i'm in school.

I have changed my major for the last time -- i know i say that every time, this is the sixth time i've changed it -- I'm now majoring in intigrated studies in psychology and physical education. I expect to graduate in the fall of 2010. Another post will explain the reason for that major.

At the first men's soccer team meeting at UVU the team suprisingly voted me as the team captain. I was shocked that 14 of the 20 players there voted for me to be captain. I don't think i even knew half of them, and the two other captains from last year were also nominated. I've decided not to go glory hunting this year. I have left UVU twice before to go play for other teams(xpress and Dixie) and i'm sick of vain promises and sitting on a bench. I even turned down an offer this year to tryout for the Real reserve squad. I talked to guys who tried out and they were sure that i would have made the team. But i would rather be a captain and start every game, then sit on the bench as a back up. maybe if a chance like that finds me after i am done with school...

Landon is still suprising us! Grandma practiced clapping with Landon and that night we clapped forLandon, and he was like "ok i'll clap now" and he started clapping for us. It was amazing! I often find my mouth starting to hurt from smiling so much. I can just watch my son for hours, and i don't realize it, but he just makes me smile. He's the cutest kid! And he isn't just well behaved when he visits grandma and grandpa, he always acts so cute! Any day now he is going to decide to start walking on his own. We know he can do it, he just likes the support for now. Like knowing dad's hand is holding the seat when the training wheels are taken off. I'm the luckiest guy in the world to get to spend my days with the greatest son and the most loving wife!

0 comments: